Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Few Pictures







I'm going to try to upload some pictures for this blog! Wish me luck....!


This is Johnny Banana giving me my first and only dread lock. My hair is so fine that it has already started coming out, and I bet it will be untangled by the time i get to the states... sorry :( ! (Notice the Radford Tee!)




These are the kids swarming us at Domasi Government School, this picture doesn't even begin to explain the emotion we all felt. We were surrounded at all sides by children and we couldn't even walk because they were so close to us! ... the next day they were chanting "white people" because they were so excited to see us again...

We see views like this one everywhere we go. This one barely does the view any justice. We are right beside the continental rift and it is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had some better pictures, but I will before I leave!


This morning we went to a Presbyterian Church and it was such a great experience. The people were so welcoming and asked us to stand in front of the congregation to tell who we were and what we are doing. The music was wonderful and I hope we can go back!!



Sorry I didn't get to post many pictures... I don't know how many I'll be able to post throughout the trip but when I get home I'll post a lot!! :) Atleast I got a few! Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun Beth! I'm enjoying both your pictures and reading about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures!! It's so great to actually see what you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete